Responsibilities of members
Each Member is required to participate actively and constructively in Senate deliberations by inter alia:
- attending regularly and contributing to discussions at meetings;
- preparing for meetings by reading submissions and consulting with colleagues on issues where needed;
- suggesting issues that require consideration;
- participation on Committees, as required;
- supporting Senate engagement with the university community by publicising Senate activities and disseminating outcomes of Senate deliberations to colleagues.
If a Member is unable to attend a meeting, apologies should be lodged no later than one (1) hour prior to the Meeting with the Executive Officer either by email, or telephone.
For members new to an academic board/senate or who require a refresher in their role on the Academic Senate, the governance aspect of the Academic Senate, and the changing environment of the tertiary sector, it is recommended that you read the following articles.