About working with our students
Reinvigorate your business by working with a Swinburne student or student group. A great way to add value to your business, our student placements have been developed in consultation with our industry partners. They are complemented by knowledgeable advice and a professional matching process.
Benefits of working with our students
- Gain new perspectives and fresh ideas
- Provide a convenient pathway to recruitment
- Allow your staff to develop leadership and mentoring skills
- Create exposure and networking opportunities for your organisation
Ways you can work with our students
- Industry-Based Learning - Host an undergraduate student in paid employment for 6 to 12 months in an area relevant to their studies.
- Internships - Host an internship student for work experience or a research project for two to three days per week. Internships are unpaid placements and are usually a semester (around 6 months) in duration.
- Short-term projects (Capstones) - Connect your organisation with a group of final year students who will undertake a project to find innovative solutions for your business.
- Scholarship Programs - The Industry Scholarship Program (Information Technology) is a unique undergraduate scholarship program sponsored by the IT industry that has been successfully operating since 1988 at the request of the Federal Government and the IT industry to increase the number of quality IT Professionals in Australia. Contact us to find out more about scholarship programs.
- Employ a student or graduate - Employ a student or graduate for casual, part-time or full-time work. Advertise vacant positions and run information sessions or on-campus interviews.
Which option is best for my business?
Enquire now to discuss your requirements and the best option for your business.