Junior Italian Poetry Competition
Swinburne's Junior Italian Poetry Competition is held twice a year, in June and September. Details for the 2018 competition will be published in the lead up to June.
The competition is open to Year 7 and Year 8 students and takes place over three weeks.
Students choose a poem to memorise for recitation. No props or actions are to be used. The recitation is to convey the meaning of the poem and is to include the title and author of the poem.
Prizes are awarded for first, second, third and fourth in each section, and special mention certificates are presented for outstanding presentations. Participation certificates are given to all students. Judges visit schools that have a minimum of 25 participants.
Invitation letters, which include enrolment forms and the poems for the competition, are sent out to schools prior to each competition.
For more information or to join the invitation list, email the competition coordinator at ItalianPoetryComp@swinburne.edu.au.
Choose from a selection of poems for Year 7 and Year 8 students.
Year 7 Italian
1. Caro Lupo di Anonimo [MP3 2.2MB] (3 points)
2. Dolcetto o scherzetto di Jolanda Restano [MP3 2.1MB] (2 points)
3. Che bello fare pic nic di Jolanda Restano [MP3 1.7MB] (1 point)
Year 7 Non Italian
Year 8 Italian
1. Dormono tutti di Jolanda Restano [MP3 2.9MB] (3 points)
2. La settimana del caffe` di Jolanda Restano [MP3 2MB] (2 points)
3. Un Bambino che legge di Angelo Petrosino [MP3 1.7MB] (1 point)
Year 8 non Italian
1. 8 Marzo di Jolanda Restano [MP3 2.7MB] (3 points)
2. Arriva Natale di Jolanda Restano [MP3 2.5MB] (2 points)
3. C’era una volta una scarpina scherzosa di Anonimp [MP3 2MB] (1 point)
Study Italian at Swinburne
You can incorporate a minor in Italian into many of our degree courses.