Associate Professor Simon Pervan
Associate Professor, Marketing
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA 1219 Hawthorn campus
Dr Simon Pervan is an Associate Professor in Marketing at Swinburne Business School. His research focus is on understanding the expectations that customers bring to marketing exchange. Current projects include an examination of value creation in Facebook, the effect of consumer empathy on stigmatised service workers, and disillusionment on advertising effects. He has analytical competences in structural equation modelling and scale development. Simon has published widely in recognised international journals including the Journal of Business Research, Industrial Marketing Management, Marketing Letters, Journal of Marketing Communications, and International Journal of Advertising. He was Co Editor in Chief of the Journal of Consumer Behaviour 2009-2015 and was a principal investigator on a $220K, two year OLT (Category 1) grant, examining the resource requirements of professional doctoral candidates in Australian business schools. Simon was an elected member of Executive Committee of the Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) 2012-2015. He currently sits on the Editorial Board of Industrial Marketing Management and Engaged Management Review.
Brand Management; Scale Development; Reciprocity; Citizenship Behaviour; Consumer Cynicism; Doctoral Supervision; Empathy; Stigma; Consumer Behaviour
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
- 2016, International, Highly Commended Paper Award: Pervan, S. J., Bove, L. L. (2015) Stigmatized service workers in crisis: Mitigating the effects of negative media, Journal of Service Theory and Practice. 25(5) 551-567. (Ranked A), Emerald Literati Network
- 2012, International, Best Paper Award, Services Marketing: Bove, L. L. and Pervan S J. (2012) Stigmatised labour: An overlooked service worker's stress in Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference Proceedings, Adelaide, Australia, 3rd-5th December, Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy
- 2009, National, Outstanding Teaching: Business to Business Marketing, Southern Cross University
- 2009, International, Highly Commended Paper Award, Pervan, S. J. and Vocino, A., (2008) Message framing: Keeping practitioners in the picture, Marketing Intelligence and Planning. 26(6): 634-648. (Ranked ABDC A), Emerald Literati Network
Also published as: Pervan, Simon; Pervan, S.; Pervan, S. J.; Pervan, Simon J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display