Dr Jungho Kim
Dr. Jungho Kim is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Transformative Innovation (CTI) in Faculty of Business and Law in Swinburne University of Technology. He holds a B. in Mechanical Engineering from KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), a M. in Economics from Seoul National University and a Ph.D. in Management Engineering focused on Business Economics (interdisciplinary studies of Economics, Strategy and Innovation) from KAIST Business School.
His research interests include a range of topics in economics of industry and technology, industrial organization, strategic management of technology and innovation, and new firm creation. He has published in leading international journals including Research Policy, Industrial and Corporate Change and International Journal of Innovation Management. He also published in prestigious Korean journals in the areas of management, industrial economics and innovation.
Before joining the CTI in 2017, he had been an Assistant Professor or a full-time Lecturer at Konkuk University and Sunchon National University in South Korea from 2012 to 2017. He had taught various courses in the disciplines of strategy, innovation and applied economics (e.g. Strategic Management, Management of Innovation and Technology, Venture Management, Industrial Organization, Economics of Strategy, Statistics, Organizational Change, etc.) at several Korean universities since 2007.
In addition to academic research, he has experience of government-funded or public projects on analysis of industrial policy, industry and corporate competitiveness, and innovation for medium-sized enterprises and new technology-based firms. He worked at the Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade (KIET) as an Associate Research Fellow from 2011 to 2012. He has provided consulting services for the Australian government, the Korean government (e.g. the Department of Industry) and policy institutes for applied economics and R&D such as KISDI (Korea Information Society Development Institute) and KISTEP (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Evaluation and Planning) since 2011.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Industry Economics And Industrial Organisation - 140209
- Applied Economics Not Elsewhere Classified - 140299
- Innovation And Technology Management - 150307
- 2016, Other, Award for the Best Publication in the International Journal with the Highest Impact Score (SSCI), Sunchon National University
- 2016, Other, Award for the Best Excellent Journal Article, The Korean Society for Innovation Management and Economics
- 2016, Other, Award for the Best Distinguished Researcher, Sunchon National University
- 2013, Other, Award for Excellent Research Report, Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade (KIET)
- 2010, Other, Ph.D. Excellent Research Award, KAIST Business School
- 2009, Other, Award for the Best Excellent Paper, The Paper Competition of Korean Venture Industry hosted by the Korean Small and Medium Business Administration and the Korea Venture Business Association
- 2007, Other, Award for Excellent Research Paper at the annual Ph.D. conference of KAIST Businss School, KAIST Business School
- 2005, Other, Award for Excellent Research Paper at the annual Ph.D. conference of KAIST Businss School, KAIST Business School
Also published as: Kim, Jungho; Kim, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display