Associate Professor Russell Thomson
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- AGSE201E Hawthorn campus
Associate Professor Russell Thomson specialises in the economics of science technology and innovation. He has published in leading international journals including the Review of Economics and Statistics, Strategic Management Journal and American Journal of Agricultural Economics. In addition to academic research Associate Professor Thomson regularly undertake applied policy research for clients including the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance. He holds a PhD in Economics from Australian National University and a BSc (Mathematics) from the University of Melbourne.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Applied Economics - 140200
Also published as: Thomson, Russell; Thomson, R.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: The role of branding and international trademarks in global value chains *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2016: Economic Impact Analysis of the Victorian Meditech and Pharmaceuticals Sector *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display