Rankings and ratings
Swinburne has an international reputation for quality research that connects science and technology with business and the community. Our standing in prestigious world academic ranking lists reflects our commitment to high-quality teaching and research and graduate outcomes.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- In 2018, Swinburne has once again ranked in the Young University Rankings, being placed at number 65 out of 250 institutions. The Young University Rankings recognise the world’s top universities under 50 years old.
- In 2016-17, for the fourth consecutive year, Swinburne was ranked among the world’s top 400 universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
QS University Rankings
- In 2018, QS World University Rankings ranked Swinburne in the world's top 400 universities, placing us in the top three per cent of universities worldwide.
- Swinburne was recognised for the third time in the QS Top 100 Under 50 in 2017.
- Swinburne was recognised as having one of the best design schools in the world by the 2018 QS World Rankings of Universities by Subject. The university was listed in the top 40 for the Art and Design subject area.
Academic Ranking of World Universities
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) ranked Swinburne as one of the world's top 350 universities in 2017.
Science and engineering
- Swinburne achieved a top 75 ranking in the ARWU in the field of civil engineering.
- Swinburne ranked in the top 200 institutions in the world in science in 2016.