Rankings and ratings
Swinburne has an international reputation for quality research that connects science and technology with business and the community. Our standing in prestigious world academic ranking lists reflects our commitment to high-quality teaching and research and graduate outcomes.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- In 2016-17, for the fourth consecutive year, Swinburne was ranked among the world’s top 400 universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- In 2017, we advanced to number 61 in the Young University Rankings and to number 60 in the Asia-Pacific University Rankings.
QS University Rankings
- Swinburne was recognised for the third time in the QS Top 100 Under 50 in 2017.
- In 2016, QS World University Rankings ranked Swinburne in the world's top 450 universities.
- Swinburne features in the QS rankings for our world-class graduate employability based on graduate employment rates and partnerships between universities and employers. This ranking reinforces Swinburne's reputation as a university that provides practical career outcomes for its graduates.
- Swinburne was recognised as having one of the best design schools in the world by the 2016 QS World Rankings of Universities by Subject. The university was one of only three institutions in Melbourne listed in the top 50 for the Art and Design subject area.
Academic Ranking of World Universities
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) ranked Swinburne as one of the world's top 350 universities in 2017.
Science and engineering
- Swinburne achieved a top 75 ranking in the ARWU in the field of civil engineering.
- Swinburne ranked in the top 200 institutions in the world in science in 2016.