Ms Geraldine Farrell
Appointed by the Governor-in-Council
Geraldine was educated at Monash University and holds the degrees of Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Laws, and Master of Laws in Intellectual Property.
Geraldine is currently General Counsel and Vice President Operations at Nexvet Biopharma plc, an Irish public company, listed on NASDAQ. Nexvet is developing monoclonal antibodies for dogs and cats. Prior to this role, Geraldine worked as a lawyer in private practice for almost 19 years, specialising in intellectual property law.
She has specialisation in company secretarial work, corporate operations, governance and IP strategy. Geraldine's experience also includes the licensing of intellectual property rights, litigation and dispute resolution, technology commercialisation strategies, technology transfer agreements, research and development and collaborative research agreements and working for several entities in the Co-operative Research Centre (CRC) program. Her work has involved the commercialisation of various technologies from the university and public research sector.
Geraldine is also a current director of Swinburne Ventures Limited, the entity responsible for the commercialisation of Swinburne's intellectual property. She is an associate member and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a subscriber member of the Governance Institute of Australia, and a member of the Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Resources Committee Chair (2015–current)
- Executive and Remuneration Committee (2014–current)
- Independent Director for matters concerning Swinburne Online and SEEK
- Governance, Nominations and Conferral Committee Chair (2014)
- Governance, Nominations and Conferral Committee member (2013)
- Governance, and Nominations Committee member (2010–2013)
- Student Management System Committee member (2010–2014)
- Chair of SSAA Academic Advice and Advocacy Audit Panel (2010–2012)
- Audit and Risk Committee member (2010–2013)