When you choose a career at Swinburne you will benefit from a wide-range of staff support, discounts and services.
We promote diversity and nurture career development. Plus Swinburne offers great opportunities to create the flexible work you need for a balanced life.
Swinburne places a big focus on developing our employees. You can design a career pathway uniquely suited to who you are, your skills and lifestyle.
- Undertake training courses
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Take study leave
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Create a development plan that is reviewed annually
Flexible working arrangements
Swinburne’s flexible working arrangements can support your individual needs. We have a range of family support services that enable you to make the most of your career and family life. Our options include:
- paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregivers
- extended parental leave options
- 48/52 employment cycle
- onsite child care
- working from home
- additional carers leave
- adoption leave
Health and wellbeing
Looking after your health and wellbeing is vital, which is why Swinburne has partnered with a range of organisations to offer you fantastic discounts and services.
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
- Free access to the HALC swimming pools
- Counselling and support (Employee Assistance Program, EAP)
- Onsite health services
- Private health insurance discounts
- Weekly yoga and pilates classes
Swinburne partners with UniSuper. It is our dedicated superannuation fund for most employees with up to 17% employer contributions for eligible staff. You can check an individual job advertisement for the superannuation on offer.
You can also elect to salary package voluntary contributions to UniSuper, or a fund of your choice.
Salary package your car parking, childcare, superannuation and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn.
Transport and travel discounts
Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff. Plus, depending on your role, there are Qantas club membership, vehicle lease plans and car hire discount options.
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.