What to expect from your Swinburne interview
The interview process
The interview gives the selection panel a chance to seek further information about your experience and helps them to assess your suitability for the position and area of work.
Interview questions will relate to the selection criteria, and the panel will score each applicant according to how well they meet each selection criterion. You will be asked to provide specific examples that demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria. You may be asked a general ‘ice-breaker’ question, which won’t relate to the selection criteria. It’s a chance to express your personality and show what you’re like as a person and as a professional.
You will also be provided with a realistic job preview and the opportunity to ask questions relating to the job itself as well as the recruitment process. As part of the applicant assessment process, the selection panel will conduct an interview with all the shortlisted applicants.
Whilst our interviews are usually conducted face-to-face, we can consider videoconference style interviews, where appropriate.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to prepare for your Swinburne interview
To perform at your best for the interview, we recommend you consider the following:
- Know exactly when and where your interview will be held, and provide yourself with enough time to get there without rushing
- Consider how you may answer an ‘ice-breaker’ or ‘getting to know you’ question
- Try to anticipate some of the questions that the interview panel may ask you in relation to the selection criteria for the position
- Prepare and practice examples to respond to possible questions that would align with the selection criteria
- Prepare some questions that you might ask the interview panel regarding the position
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on DeadlyCareers@swinburne.edu.au.